Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Graduation and Rainbows and all that Jazz

I went home to Montana this past weekend for Naomi's high school graduation. Holy Moly... I still can't believe she's old enough to graduate. I remember when she was a baby!


Naomi's graduation party was Saturday night with a bunch of other kids. Lots of food and cake and people everywhere. And don't worry, I surely got asked by a stranger if I was the Hughes kid that was graduating from high school. I wonder when people will stop mistaking me for a high schooler.  Seriously people....

My drive back to Utah yesterday was what, I assume, Hades would be like. I think I had about an hour total of dry weather and roads. The rest of the time I was flying through rain and drenched roads, praying that I wouldn't hydroplane while, at the same time, cursing the heavy rain that was falling. During a short break in the rain I saw something bright out of the corner of my eye and saw this amazing double rainbow (pictured above). The picture doesn't do it justice... it was incredible!

Luckily I made it home safely -- I can't say the same for a poor car I saw upside down after an especially heavy downfall. Ugh. 

No comments: