Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shark Attack

So, question. Are you occasionally scared by people’s ID pictures? My Outlook email (at work) shows an employee’s ID picture in the bottom right hand corner of the screen when viewing their email. And not gonna lie, sometimes I have to change the email my screen is showing to get rid of a particularly frightening picture of somebody. I can just imagine the Jaws theme music running in the background as I hurry to change the email (and subsequently, the picture). Don’t worry; I’ve had my fair share of awkward ID pictures in my lifetime so I don’t hold it against them. These people look fine in real life; their pictures just seem to tear at my soul - in a bad way.

In case you were wondering about my awkward ID pictures, here are a few that top my list:

At BYU-Idaho, my roommates labeled one of my ID pictures ‘Christmas Alexaphee’ since one of my eyes happened to be green, the other red. Ohh life (and I can’t quite remember why they nicknamed me Alexaphee that semester… help, roommates?).

In SLC, the Bishop in my last ward said that my ward directory picture made me look like a German girl. I am German, but not 100% German. And no girl wants to be told they look like a German girl (it brings to mind stocky women with names like Bertha).

Oh, ID pictures... how I hate you. Too bad real life wasn't like Harry Potter world. Moving pictures would be so much more agreeable than the mug shots our Muggle world has to use.

3 comments:

Chels said...

hahahaha! i totally love this, so true! i feel the SAME way!

The Simmons Bunch said...

oh Berkley I miss you!

Court, Jon said...

You might also recall the time when the BYU-Idaho ID lady had to re-take your picture...