Friday, May 20, 2011

Berkley Hughesová

My name has always been mistaken for a boys name (same with my sister Jasper). No biggy, I'm used to it. I sometimes receive random junk mail for a 'Mr. Berkley Hughes' (which makes it easy to chuck - real people know I'm a girl), and at work I occasionally get emails addressed to a 'Brother Hughes' from people around the world or in the COB who have never met me. Meh, whatever. No point in correcting.

Anywho, today at work, my boss taught me that in Slovakia the females end their last names in an 'ová'! Greatest. Invention. Ever! Why doesn't every country do that? It would make life so much easier. Seriously. No more mistaken gender identities! From now on, I'd like to be known as Berkley Hughesová. Just kidding. Actually, I don't know all the rules about the 'ová' application in Slovak. Perhaps it's only used for women who are married, who knows. But I like it!

In other news, why do painters wear white jump suits? That seems odd to me, since white would show any splatter. Just wondering (and I saw a painter today).

No comments: