Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cops: 3 ... Fire Department: 1

If you must know, that is the number of times the cops and fire department have visited our house since the beginning of the year.

Nope, my roommates and I aren't a wild and crazy bunch. I mean, come on. Look at me. If you know me, you know that I haven't gotten in trouble in my life - my roommates are the same way. Well, I guess I have gotten pulled over once (if you can call that getting in trouble?). BUT, that was in high school. In my Mom's van. On my way home from prom night, in my prom dress. Luckily I looked sweet and innocent enough that the cop let me go without a ticket, especially since I told him I was late for curfew...

Anyway, in case you're curious, here are the events that caused my roommates and I to get to know the authorities a bit better:

Cop Episode #1: One night our friend Gabe decides to come over and show us his new gun. Unfortunately for him our neighbor was feeling suicidal and cops were outside our house. Once they saw him outside with a gun, they were on him like white on rice... bad timing my friend, bad timing... apparently Gabe doesn't like having police dogs attack and guns pointed at him? Hmm Weird.

Cop Episode #2: This was a few weeks ago - it was really late at night and we were all in our respective bedrooms getting ready for bed. I heard a persistent LOUD knock on our front door and automatically decided to ignore it, since... I was in my pajamas. Whoever was knocking could wait until the next day, right? Luckily my roommate decided to open the door and found an irritable cop waiting for her at our door. Yahoo... apparently somebody called in our neighbors bonfire (neighbors that we share a backyard with) and complained to the cops... thanks Kelsey for taking the brunt of the cops irritableness... (the Cop didn't believe that we weren't the ones who started the fire). Which, thankfully, led to a musical scene in our bathroom the next morning when Kelsey and I started singing 'We Didn't Start the Fire' by Billy Joel. Good song, good song.

Cop Episode #3 and Firemen Episode #1: This happened at mine and Kelsey's birthday bonfire last Saturday. Apparently we throw rockin parties? ha ha just kidding... but seriously. We decided to light a little fire in our backyard and turns out we have quite the cranky neighbor, seeing as he called the Cops AND the Firemen on us. Bleh, whatev. We weren't doing anything wrong, so we didn't get in trouble. It was kind of funny though, seeing firemen examining our bonfire to make sure everything was Kosher...

Well, hopefully that's the last we'll see of the authorities for a while. But, I guess if all else fails... the cops/firemen know exactly where to find us in case of an emergency?

1 comment:

Kel-C said...

HAHAHAH I loved that you mentioned us singing in the bathroom! :) good times for sure!