Friday, August 19, 2011

What a Week

My oh my. This week has shaped up to be quite lovely. Sarcastically speaking, of course. I'm still trying to find a place to live (seeing as I need to be out of my house in less than 2 weeks), work has been supah busy, and I had quite the awkward moment on Tuesday. So glad it's Friday!!

In case you're curious about my awkward moment (so awkward I thought the idea of poking my eye out might be a better situation than the one I was in)... here is the story: Tuesday I was in charge of a luncheon (ordering the food, setting it up, etc) for a certain meeting. Usually I'm not the one in charge of these luncheons, but some things changed... and... yadda yadda yadda I have to put together luncheons once a month for a few apostles and a few 70s and some other people. I wasn't too worried about it initially. I thought "I can get it set up and get out of there before anyone sees me!" But that certainly didn't pan out... at the last minute my boss had me order some placemats for the luncheon and that meant I couldn't put anything on the table until the placemats arrived... and that meant by the time the placemats came the meeting attendees were THERE. AHHH (me screaming inside)!! So, I had to awkwardly squeeze between the apostles and 70s to put their food down. It might have been fine if there was one dish, but I had to go back about 4 times to add other bowls, plates, drinks, blah. I tried to keep a calm face on, but I wanted nothing more in life than to leave. You may think, "oh that doesn't sound bad at all!" But it certainly was. It certainly was. I'm not going to continue with this story... it's making me uncomfortable retelling it...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

1. At least placemats will never be forgotten again. And who can say they hung out with the Twelve?

2. I love that French Man isaround. We should open a COB dating service. I for one am done with COB men, but I'm sure there are some Matches to be made!