Monday, July 11, 2011

Hugh or Toby, Take Your Pick

Do any of you watch Friends?

There's an episode where Chandler's co-worker Bob thinks Chandler's name is actually Toby (all because Bob said "Hey Toby, want a donut?" and Chandler REALLY wanted a donut... so he pretended his name was Toby). Which, Chandler thinks is fine because Bob works on a completely different floor and he will never learn Chandler's real name. UNTIL Bob applies for a job on Chandler's floor and everything goes horribly wrong (including Chandler's office starting on fire... er, or something).


Anyway.. I'm quite certain that my life is parallel to Chandler's right now. There's a certain Church Office Building Employee that I have to email every week or so to confirm confidential records with. We've never met in person, so he automatically assumes I'm a man (because of my name). I've never corrected him... (which is probably my fault). Today, he took the liberty of shortening my name and calling me Hugh. WHAT THE. Apparently he thinks my first name is Hughes? Not sure where that came from. Anyway. since we're all buddy buddy now (apparently) I can't possibly correct him and let him know I'm female.

You probably think this is all fun and games... but obviously he doesn't have the new version of Microsoft Outlook that I have. I currently have Microsoft 2010 and it shows the employee ID picture of the people who send you email. Who knows when he'll get the upgrade... I just hope he doesn't have a heart attack when he realizes he's been emailing a girl named BERKLEY and not a man named Hugh.

I guess I'll find out when he gets the upgrade when he starts calling me Sister Hughes...

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Hahahahaha that's so funny Berkeley! I will now have to start calling you Hugh :)

Christa said...

King McLean has been calling me Christina pretty much since I've known her. I would see her often because they are good friends with the Northcotts and so is my family. I've never had the heart to correct her.

The Simmons Bunch said...

HAHAHA!! Gotta love it when your life reflects Friends episodes!

Berkley said...

haha Christa that is hilarious! Good old King...