Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Besties

I am flying here next weekend:


And I couldn't be MORE EXCITED!!! Seriously, I'm so excited I can barely stand it.

WHY, do you ask, am I so excited? Well.... (drumroll).... I get to see my two favorite girls in the whole world!!!



Miss Kate Barlow and Mrs. Courtney Howell!

I've been friends with Courtney since the Winter of 2004.... and Kate since Fall of 2004 (um, I think that's right?). So it almost feels like we've been buddies forever! But now Court lives in St Louis and Kate lives in DC.... pooh.



These girls made my experience at BYU-Idaho quite the adventure, to say the least. We have so many funny stories... one of my favorites is the "to the left" story. One night we were driving back to Rexburg from Idaho Falls and we had to take a detour... long story short, we ended up getting lost (the usual when you're with me). I kept saying "um, to the left?" and we ended up going through Lewisville twice without turning around. Yup. No joke.




Seriously, so many memories..... eating popcorn chicken salads with Courtney... eating my black bean and cheese (with taco time salsa) and turkey dips with Kate... going to Comic Frenzy ('Famous').... Going to Dairy Queen and Wingers... Bowling.... getting Texano Burritos at RAMIREZ.... Rigby Lake.... fishing in the La Jolla puddles.... listening to Matt Nathanson w/Kate before he was cool.... having 'LL' time with Court (language learning time)... Kate reading parts of her English books to me... Kate reading my homework to me... (hehe)... tanning.... volleyball.... wallyball.... DOMINOS.... watching Katschke at softball.... Bishop Hart.... BEEHIVE.... Sudoku puzzles... Tuesday Devos (naptime)....

Seriously, these girls are my favorites! And I miss them like the desert misses the rain (Sting, anyone?). In fact, I miss them enough that I'm contemplating moving to DC at the end of the Summer. Imagine the ADVENTURES!! But, shhhh, don't tell anyone.




9 DAYS!!!!














5 comments:

Court, Jon said...

Awwww the greatest blog I've ever read!! Thanks, Berk! I can't even wait to see you ladies :)

Kate said...

LOVE IT - I'M SO EXCITED!

Few points of clarification - I think you met Court before me? Maybe Winter 2003?
The "Left" story started with our trip to Rigby Lake, si? That whole day was messed-to-the-up.
Um, that's it, the rest is perfect!
(Oh, wait - isn't the "deserts miss the rain" from an Annie Lennox song? Because that's the one I'm now singing in my head for the rest of the day...thanks.)

9 DAYS!

Berkley said...

Oh Pooh Kate.... I think you're right. It is the Annie Lennox song that's in my head. Is there a remix of a guy singing it? Because I swear it's a man's voice in my head, that I awkwardly thought was Sting... (i was probably thinking of his song Desert Rose).

And I think we need Courtney's input on whether it was from IF or Rigby that the "Left" story started from. I have it in my head that it was IF (perhaps from 4th of July fireworks?), but we all know how good my memory is...

The Simmons Bunch said...

awww I miss Courtney and you!

Kate said...

Annie Lennox has a pretty low voice, so that might be close enough to a man's voice...
My memory stands that on the 4th of July, we went to Rigby Lake for the day - except we got lost and couldn't find it. You kept saying to go left, that you really felt like if we went left, we'd find it - and then we finally jumped on the freeway again, started over and realized if we had taken a right at the very beginning, we would've been there! Then it continued that night when it took us 2 days to get from IF to Rexburg. That's how I remember the most ridiculous day of my life playing out.