Monday, June 25, 2012

Life Lately

Oh hey, blog, nice to meet you. Yes, I know I've severely neglected my blog lately. I'll try to make it up to you by posting the smorgasbord-iest blog posts of all blog posts:

Thanks to Pinterest, I've had the urge to cook. And bake (weird, right?). At the beginning of June I decided to buy myself one of these (a cast iron pot):


To make some of these:



I've never really baked bread lately, so I was quite pleased with the results. The top loaf is cranberry/white vanilla chip ... and the bottom is plain white bread. Oh my. That cranberry/white vanilla chip bread was DELISH (not to toot my own horn or anything...). I'll definitely be adding that one as a staple in my bread-making endeavors. 

Oh, then I decided to get me one of these: 


I have a few friends that are really into biking, so I decided to jump on the band-wagon (hey, anything to get me to exercise 'for fun' sounds like a good idea). 

The first time I took my bike out for a spin, it was tons of fun. But, the next day, my tush was SORE. That's what I get for not riding a bike in 10 years... a couple days later I wanted to go on another bike ride with my friend Wendy, so I decided to improvise a bit. I hadn't gotten the 'special padded bike shorts' yet, so I decided to be innovative. Here was my invention:


Yes, indeed, that is a hoodie wrapped around my bike seat (what you can't see is a small kitchen towel folded neatly underneath the hoodie). Wendy laughed at me, but I was able to ride my bike up the Millcreek Pipeline trail just fine* where we got to see this view (although, my tush definitely pained me the next day):


*by 'just fine' I meant with minimal tush pain. I am scared of heights so the trail we took wasn't very 'Berkley-friendly' with all the steep drop offs... Wendy was very patient with my turtle-like speed up the mountain, though...(thanks Wendy!!).

Oh, and a few weeks ago I changed my hair again. Hello bangs, hello lighter hair. I'm trying to go back to my natural blonde color, so we lightened it up a bit more. 


Speaking of lightening things up, the weather in SLC has been perfect lately; I snapped this photo on one of my lunch breaks. I'm sure my good friends on Instagram are getting tired of my temple square pictures, though... my bad.


Oh, and in case you're looking for good books to read, I've been buried under a heap of books called 'The Rangers Apprentice' series by John Flanagan. I'm currently reading the last book...(I think there were 11? I can't remember) but I've been putting it off because I don't want to be sad when the last book finally ends. Does anybody else get sad when a really great book ends? Just kidding, I know other people get sad. That's what Pinterest is for.... to let me know I'm not alone in this world... ha ha


Anywho. This about sums my life up for now. Until next time! 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

BERK! I am happy to go Berkley Speed anytime! I loved going! I'm glad you want to come with me, so much fun! And yes, while I may have giggled a bit at your padded seat... I can understand, just think, in no time... you my friend will have a bike bum - it's the cool thing to do!