Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hair + Comments

Remember that one time that I was blonde? Those were good times.


Well, Easter weekend I dyed my hair red. Those were good times, too.


Last night I decided to dye my hair again... this time DARK. It's so dark it's almost black - with a purple-ish tint to it. I LOVE it!


Who knows what next month's color will be... my hair grows stinking FAST so I'll probably have to color it once a month so my blonde roots don't cause my hair part to look like it's floating...

I think some of the best parts about dying my hair are the crazy comments I get. 99% of them are good comments, but this one older Sister Missionary that I work with doesn't have... tact. When I first dyed my hair red she gushed about how great it looked (which is fine), but then she said I looked 'washed out' back when I had blonde hair. Really? Awkward. THEN, this morning when I showed up with my new, dark hair she asked 'what color were you trying to do?' Double awkward. Some people really need to learn to keep their mouths shut... ha ha

It's been fun experimenting with my hair color - I've never been brave enough before to change my blonde hair to anything too drastic, so I'm loving the change!

9 comments:

Nicole Jessop said...

Oh my gosh, your post would be perfect on this (http://lorifolkman-blogaway.blogspot.com/) blog this week. It's my husband's aunt. She's written several books and every week we have topics and comment on those then win prizes. You should head over to win! Anyway, I totally understand what you mean about the roots. I LOVED having black hair but I had to dye my hair every 3 weeks because with the contrast of my blonde hair and black hair, my natural hair looked gray. So embarrassing. Your hair looks super cute any color!

Berkley said...

haha done and done!

Lori Folkman said...

K super cute girl: you could be on the cover of any magazine! I love all three colors. I honestly can't decide what one I like best. I have no idea what that lady is thinking. :)

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

You are SO much braver than I am! I can't even decide how to cut it, much less COLOR?! And then there's that whole thing about keeping up with it, yeah, not so much for me, hehe. You look fabulous though! I love it!

The Simmons Bunch said...

love love love it

Sherri said...

Your sister missionary friend sounds like Grammer! hahaha I think you look great. xoxox

woodubsonice said...

If the blonde comes in just consider the melt. It's REALLY popular these days.

Unknown said...

What is the colour u put on to make,it black with a purple tint

Unknown said...

What is the colour u put on to make,it black with a purple tint