Friday, March 11, 2011

Death by Food

Since I'm driving here in 3 weeks:

And flying here in 2 months:
I decided I need to save some money. Traveling is NOT cheap!
I was looking over my bank account and realized that I have been spending WAY too much money eating out. In the last 2 weeks alone I have spent about $93. EEK. I guess that's what happens when you buy lunch everyday and eat out with friends all the time. meh. Anywho, now that I've realized where my money drain is, I've decided to start packing lunches! And eat out less.
Here is where YOU come in. What kind of things do you pack for lunches? Because, seriously, I can't handle eating a sandwich everyday. Today I brought leftover pizza and yogurt. Yup, so healthy.
So, seriously, please give me lunch ideas!

3 comments:

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

I don't think I'm a great one to comment really. Because my husband usually takes leftover dinner to work the next day for lunch, on the rare occasions that I cook. Then on the other days he takes a can of soup and nukes it in the microwave. I often feed my kids their usuals: PB, hotdogs, PB&J, or soup noodles, aka ramen noodles. Yep healthy police I am not. Maybe if you make a goal to not eat so much, you'll cook more, and then have something to take for lunch the next day! The birds are dropping like flies! (get it? HA! Preggo humor)

Unknown said...

Wrap sandwiches, yo. Get yourself some fun tortillas (spinach, zesty tomato) some lunch meat, some sauce you like (ranch), some lettuce, whatever else you like wrap that sucker up, wrap it in cling wrap, you got yourself a lunch. In addition to that there is of course, just make a little extra dinner and eat it for lunch. Do it.

Moriah said...

Berkley! What I used to do when I did staining for work out in the middle of the woods, so i couldn't go and get food, but I would always be STARVING because it was so hot out. I would make chicken and rice and beans and put it in tupperware. I actually really liked it cold. I'd pack crackers and cheese, carrots, celery sticks, peanuts and craisins and a juice box. woot woot my kinda lunch.