Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sapphire Mining-4th of July

I'm still waiting to get pictures back from friends on a few recent fun-times I've had, so I thought I would do a filler blog entry on what I would have done on the 4th of July... these are pics from my family going to Skalkaho Falls and the Sapphire mines, our yearly 4th of July tradition.

p.s. thanks go to my sister-in-law Alyssa. I stole these pictures from her facebook. aww what's family for? :)

Skalkaho Falls

And again, Skalkaho Falls


Sapphire Mining!! WOOT.
First, you have to put dirt in a screen- and swish it around in the water.
It's actually takes a bit of talent-you have to get all the dirt lined up perfectly in the middle.
(it makes the heavy stuff (sapphires) sink to the bottom of the tray)

Then, you have to flip it over...
if you did it right, the sapphires 'should'
be right at the top of the pile, ready to go.
Most of the time though, you have to dig around...


We seriously have loads of sapphires at our house.
Good times.
Maybe next 4th of July I'll head home and do the hunt for sapphires...

Alyssa and Moriah showing off their BUFF arms. :) haha
No, but seriously, they're buff.






No comments: