Monday, October 24, 2011

Never Again

Never again will I ever, ever, EVER pull out a cuticle that's sticking out of my fingernail. I did that about a week and a half ago and usually it doesn't cause any problems... but this time it somehow got infected. No clue how it got infected. I wash my hands about as often as Monk does so, yes, I'm slightly OCD about having clean hands. So who knows how that little bugger of an infection got in there...

Anyway, I went to the doctor on Friday because it had been bothering me for about a week. It wasn't too bad by that point. Just red and a little swollen. The doc gave me an antibiotic and sent me back on my way. THEN Saturday my finger kind of exploded... It started swelling a TON and I was in so much pain that at around 4am Saturday morning I found the stash of pain killers I kept from my ankle injury earlier this year and downed 2 percocet pills --which is saying a lot because I think I only took 1 pill at a time when I had my ankle injury. Those 2 pills knocked me out until about noonish. Bless the soul of whoever invented that drug...

Fast forward to today... my finger was still killing me, but I thought it was silly to miss work for a little finger infection so I went in... I lasted until about noonish then told a co-worker I was off to the docs again because seriously. My finger was looking disgusting and it was way too painful to do anything...

When the doctor saw my finger he was amazed that I had lasted as long as I had without coming in again (what can I say, I'm pretty tough...? hehe). He immediately brought me to a little room where he could do some minor surgery on my finger and pumped my finger up with 4 shots of anesthesia (yeah, ouch) then pricked my finger and started squeezing (and I wont go into too many gross details about that part).

And yadda yadda yadda this is what I get to wear for the next 3 days:


I go back to see the doc on Thursday, so I sure hope I wont have to go through that fun time again! Wish me luck.