Monday, August 10, 2009

2 Important Lessons Learned

Today has been quite enlightening at work. Here are two important lessons that I learned that you might find interesting:

I have a bad habit of cracking my knuckles on occasion. You know, its just something I’ve picked up--my whole family does it.

Anyways-today, I happened to do it in front of a man from Tonga. He commented on it, telling me that he read a Readers Digest article once about how cracking knuckles doesn’t cause an increase in knuckle size and that people in Tonga, both men and women, crack their knuckles all the time thinking it limbers up their fingers.
Take that life! Especially to my friend, whom I will leave unnamed, that fights with me all the time about who has the better bad habit. She thinks her habit is better, which is picking at her split ends. Mine is so much more convenient. Mess free and so easy-even a blind person could do it.

I think I win, especially after my Tongan co-workers input.

The second lesson I learned today comes from Jeremiah 24:2, which reads:

“One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe; and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.”

So friends, please. Next time your fruit goes bad, please call it naughty.

2 comments:

derence walk said...

Haha! Tongans.

Wendy L said...

Ooh... those are good ones. Even a blind person can crack their knuckles, CLASSIC