Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Umbrella-ella-ella

Don't worry; I'm not going to be singing Rihanna's Umbrella song... although, it is pretty good. Well, was pretty good. 3 years ago.

Anyway, this morning as I was driving to work it was pouring out. I'm not complaining, I don't mind rain if it's temporary -- although, I don't think I've known anything besides temporary rain.
As I got closer to temple square and the parking garage, I noticed an odd occurrence. I first noticed a lady in a pink dress with a perfectly matched pink umbrella (who wouldn't notice that?). I thought to myself, 'hmm that's weird, I wonder if she did that on purpose?' Then, I noticed another lady walking across a cross walk. Her umbrella was green. Her skirt was green. They matched perfectly. What in the world? I was intrigued. Then, my mind wandered to an old roommate who had the misfortune of walking across the U campus with a BYU umbrella. But, that's a different story completely...

The question of the day is this: Did the two ladies with the matchy-accessorized umbrellas do it on purpose? Or, did they accidentally match? Do they have a closet at home FULL of umbrellas to accessorize their outfits with by chance a rainy day comes along? You know, I'm just a Montana girl. I have 1 umbrella in my possession. It's blue. But, it's because blue is my favorite color. And my Mom gave it to me (bless you, Mom).

So, who knows, maybe there's a fashion niche just for umbrellas... that I've never even thought about. Or dreamed about. Or cared about. Or will ever care about.

Which comes to my next random thought (I've been having quite a few of these lately)... what things do we do, innocently enough, that might cause other people to write about on their blog? hmm...

Think about it. But you don't have to take my word for it (thank you, LeVar Burton).

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Love this. I like to hear how you think, it makes me smile! I am sad however because my computer won't let me see your pictures!